- To support the Senior Business Analyst and Finance Manager and HoCF in the finance team’s delivery of financial services to prescribed standards and to timetable.
- To assist in ensuring that strategic and business needs and expectations are met to the agreed levels, within the Business Plan.
- To understand the direction for the service area and to assist in monitoring and reviewing this, to ensure compliance, including business plans.
- To play a role in ensuring that KPIs are met, for the team.
- To ensure a professional and efficient customer care service delivery and liaise with stakeholders to explore future delivery needs.
- To assist in interpretation of statutory regulations, Standing Orders and LA Financial procedures.
- To assist and give advice to Budget Holders/Budget Managers in managing and steering budgets, to maximise efficiency.
- To ensure compliance with the authority and Directorate (Accounting and Financial) policy and procedure.
- To play a role in identifying relevant business forecasting information and long term planning, including project planning.
- To actively assist in ensuring the service area’s compliance with all statutory, local and corporate guidelines, policies and procedures and assist managers to deliver such processes across the business.
- Working with appropriate Service Heads, to ensure the delivery of effective forecast planning and that long term plans are acted upon.
- To input into a continued improvement of the service delivery area.
- To maintain records and database management systems.
- To analyse, report and monitor data relating to the financial function.
- To be responsible for the supervision of other team members, including allocation and monitoring of work.
- To be responsible for 2 way communication on all relevant information to all stakeholders through a variety of media, including maintenance of guidance and support information for service users.
- To be responsible for ensuring that management and service delivery are compliant with the Equal Opportunities policy and that equality and diversity are a key business focus.