Our client is looking for a talented Digital Programme manager who will be responsible for the successful delivery of a new website. Along with the basic requirements of a project manager detailed in the generic profile attached, the role will broadly involve:
– Managing multiple interrelated projects and work-streams to improve the digital experience for residents and local business owners – Developing and managing a robust website implementation plan – Using data to drive decisions, such as; Google Analytics, customer feedback, service dashboards, GovMetrics – Implementation and ‘go-live’ for new website and related systems, including a beta approach as a minimal viable product which will run alongside the current site – Overseeing Content management and delivery across departments, as well as auditing current information on the website – Business case development both from a Customer Experience angle and technical feasibility
– Ensuring clear lines of communication with key stakeholders
– Thorough document management, including; capturing requirements, communication plan, data flow diagrams, risks, issues, RACI etc. – Working at pace and delivering to fortnightly sprints, using GDS principles Experience required:
• Experience managing the delivery of great quality and user-friendly website roll-out programmes and projects, delivering in good time and within budget
• Experience of building excellent relationships with Senior managers, while ensuring programme visions are met or exceeded • Experience of report writing and communicating complex issues to a broad range of audiences to gain buy-in and advocacy for the project vision
• Experience within public sector organisations using appropriate agile methodologies, techniques and tools
• Excellent people skills and a proven track record of great customer service
Knowledge and skills: • A keen interest in data analytics, and data informed decision making / business case building
• Exposure / an interest in GDS standards and working practices
• Thorough understanding of both Prince 2 and Agile methodologies used for project delivery, including a qualification in at least one.
• An exceptional communicator able to operate and empathise with stakeholders and business groups, influencing and gaining commitment to objectives, explaining complex processes to non-technical stakeholders, working with community groups to understand their digital needs.
• Strong leadership, people engagement, and people management skills.
• Excellent planning and organisational skills coupled with a strong focus on the delivery of the objective.
• Creative and innovative in finding solutions to complex problems.
• Ability to lead on multiple and wide-ranging programmes and manage competing demands.