- The Planning Enforcement Team Leader is responsible for the day to day management of a team of 10 Planning Enforcement Officers (EOs).
- The EOs, and to a certain extent the Team Leader him/her/etc-self, are responsible for investigating breaches of planning control.
- The day to day management includes carrying out 121s (for well-being reasons, performance monitoring reasons, etc.), and assisting the EOs with investigations, notice drafting, appeal work, etc, as necessary.
- Working with the EOs, and as appropriate other Service managers and team leaders, the Enforcement Team Leader is responsible for deciding whether or not for each investigation it will be expedient to take formal enforcement action; and where it is expedient, to determine the appropriate action, and prepare notices with the EOs as necessary.
- Related to the this the Enforcement Team Leader will be responsible for preparing and/or contributing to appeal statements as required.
- The Enforcement Team Leader is also responsible for instructing the Council’s Legal Team where prosecution proceedings are necessary, and acting as the Council’s expert witness in such cases as necessary.
Closing on: Feb 26, 2024
Job Category: Public Sector
Job Type: Interim
Job Location: South West England
Salary: £ Negotiable