- Effectively managing the councils property portfolio to maximise value, reduce costs, enhance long term value and increase returns, with a focus on both financial performance and social and economic benefits.
- Take ownership for identifying and executing value add opportunities and asset management initiatives across the assets.
- Delivering commercial arrangements (including leases and acquisitions) which meet the council’s needs.
- Act as an “intelligent client” to our supply chain and property managers on all property management issues.
- Working with Senior colleagues in developing and delivering the property strategy in line with wider Council policy.
- Maximising property regeneration opportunities from assets through development enabling work and ensuring asset disposals meet Councils objectives and represent best value.
- Undertake budgeting, forecasting and financial management in respect of the property portfolio which is valued at circa £2.77bn.
- Managing and advising on cross initiatives and policies
- Understand future workstreams and ensure the expected consequences of the business strategy inform the development of the wider Property Strategy
- Create robust business cases to support strategy recommendations; feasibility management, quantifying value creation and other commercial benefits appropriately tailored to departmental objectives. Support progress through Programme / Investment Boards up to Cabinet approval
- Develop effective client relationships with our professional advisors and with service teams, Legal and Finance colleagues to present a unified view.
Closing on: Feb 26, 2024
Job Category: Public Sector
Job Type: Interim
Job Location: London
Salary: £ Negotiable