The post holder will play a key role in the councils senior management team in discharging corporate objectives, influencing strategic decision making, assessing and mitigating risk (together with first tier council officers). The post holder will be responsible for the technical delivery of their role and the corporate competencies while living and promoting the corporate values through their day-to-day work.
Highways Improvement Manager
Highways Asset Manager
Street Lighting PFI Manager Highways Traffic Manager
Streets Technical Manager
75fte – Highway staff
You will work as part of the Public Realm Directorate Management Team (DMT).
- Responsible for the strategic and operational management and control of highways services, ensuring that the service meets national and local priorities in a customer-focused and efficient way. Lead advisor for the highways service delivery within the Services Directorate.
- To manage the development, operation, delivery and review of all highways services, ensuring that the specifications and costs meet the cash limits and that within those parameters, they best meet the collective needs of service users.
- To manage the negotiations and operations of highways services in particular Highways and Street Lighting contracts, back office and external support services and ensure appropriate contracts are in place to deliver such services
- To ensure that quality and efficiency of highways services are seen by their customers as of a high standard and meeting their needs.
- To be responsible for the development of policy and practices which underpin services immediately surrounding highways services and to ensure close liaison on this with the Directorate, cabinet and the council as a whole.
- You will work closely with the Director of Public Realm to limit the impact on front line services even when faced with a significant reduction in resources.