- To effectively manage a designated patch of properties of Council owned properties, ensuring that homes are lived in, investigate non-occupation and illegal occupancy.
- To ensure that tenants understand their rights and responsibilities as set out in the tenancy agreement and to assist them to sustain their tenancy
- To participate in community events and activities, supporting tenant engagement and delivering excellent customer service.
- To be aware and make the best use of tools, mechanisms, authority documents and processes to most effectively and efficiently address and resolve issues identified in all breaches of the tenancy conditions.
- To monitor the conditions of the external environment of the council’s neighbourhoods and implement the Asset Based Community Development approach.
- To effectively maintain the conditions of the external environment of the managed patch, managing service contracts and encouraging tenant involvement within in the managed patch, being innovative and creative in sustaining this interaction
- To manage rent accounts to prevent accrual of rent arrears in general needs housing, independent living and garages.
- Communicating, engaging with, and supporting tenants regarding ongoing rent and debt recovery. Apply the rent recovery procedures and ensure cases are escalated for arrear action in accordance with procedure to ensure rent arrears remain low. Negotiate affordable, and sustainable repayment plans.
- To monitor, identify and action any cases of tenancy fraud and safeguarding by establishing effective partnerships and following recommended policies and guideline
- To make sure effective liaison with internal services and external agencies to ensure appropriate care and support packages are offered to vulnerable tenant
- To support and achieve performance and service targets set within the housing management service
- To effectively manage and administrator tenancy inspections, including property visits and fire risk assessments.
- To be aware of the need and to initiate, direct and lead on estate plans and profiling information, which contribute to the priorities for improvement in services, estates and communities by the housing service
Closing on: Feb 26, 2024
Job Category: Public Sector
Job Type: Interim
Job Location: South West England
Salary: £ Negotiable