|· This is a temporary position within the Public Health team at the authority to support the response to COVID-19.|
· Providing expert support and advice in infection prevention/control in order to prevent and manage local infectious diseases outbreaks predominantly in health and care settings.
· Working as a senior member of the Public Health team with responsibility for, auditing, developing, planning and implementing comprehensive infection prevention and control processes across the county.
This is a list of the main duties or tasks that the post holder will be expected to undertake.
|· Recognise and isolate outbreaks of infectious diseases in health and care settings and in the community at large.|
· Create strategies and action-plans for the prevention of outbreaks.
· Investigate possible outbreaks and marshal resources in response in the event of a confirmed outbreak.
· Serve as an infectious disease advisor for health and care setting providers and members of the local community.
· Provide training to support infection prevention and control (including to care homes)
· Review care home policies and procedures to ensure plans are robust for preventing and managing COVID-19 cases.
· Advise on COVID-19 safe practice including site visits for example to care homes.