What is the purpose of the Care Home Peer Support role?
- To provide peer support to Brent care homes to become Good or Outstanding in their CQC ratings, and to drive up the quality of care provided through the leadership of Registered Managers within care homes for older people
- Aim to be in the top 10 boroughs in London for quality based on new CQC care home ratings
Which care homes will be eligible?
The following criteria will be applied to Brent care homes:
- Any older people’s care home, nursing or residential, that is located in Brent
- A willingness to be part of the programme by the care home owner and Registered Manager is an essential requirement as well as a commitment from the Manager to dedicate time to actively engaging with the programme and recommendations
- Priority will be given to care homes that currently have a CQC rating of ‘Requires Improvement’ or ‘Inadequate’
- Priority will also be given to care homes that have been identified through the ‘Provider Concerns Forum’, supported by NHS and council staff
- Consideration will also be given to care homes where there is an impending CQC inspection (within the next 18 months), to support fast track improvements in line with CQC standards particularly where areas of concern have been raised during previous inspections.