Purpose of the Job:
Strategically manage, lead and deliver a high-quality function covering all areas delivered by Kent County Council’s Pension Administration team. Provide expert knowledge and direction in all matters relating to policy and delivery for the pension schemes administered by the team.
Lead a Management Team who will be required to fully understand and implement policies and legislation associated with the requirements of administering the relevant pension schemes. Aim to ensure that all processes are administered and developed to deliver maximum benefit for current and former scheme members and meet its statutory requirements.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Advise, influence and implement strategy to deal with requirements of relevant pension scheme legislation, other statutory requirements and external bodies, e.g. the Pensions Regulator, HMRC, etc
- Responsible for innovative contribution and establishing priorities
- Ensure that systems and processes are established which maximise the efficiency of the team whilst providing best possible customer service for current and previous members of the scheme
- Lead on the establishment and maintenance of processes for monitoring the performance of the team and report these to the relevant parties, including the Pension Board and the Superannuation Committee
- Direct and oversee a good working relationship with employers in the Kent Pension Fund, providing a pension administration strategy detailing the requirements of all parties
- Develop and implement a commercial working relationship with external organisations contracting for the provision of a pension administration service providing adherence to service level agreements
- Manage long term resource planning including workforce planning, organisation design and development
- Lead on the development and implementation of a strategy to ensure the effective recruitment, retention and continuing development of an engaged and high performing team
- Establish and manage a framework for capturing and analysing member and employer feedback to ensure continuous improvement and development of service delivery to customers.
|Educated to NVQ5 Level or equivalent, and/or pensions professional qualification and/or proven ability to deliver the requirements of the post|
|SKILLS AND ABILITIES|
|BEHAVIOURS||Support the three Kent Values:|
by demonstrating the associated behaviours that are relevant to this role :
Contact details –
Oliver King 0203 929 4000