- Work with the Area Repairs Manager (North West/South Central) to implement and develop effective systems to regularly inspect the external and communal parts of property, to identify any requirements for reactive repairs and cyclical maintenance, and to ensure the works required are carried out or programmed according to urgency and priority.
- Work in collaboration with colleagues across Housing services to ensure a joint approach to improve quality and customer satisfaction for residents.
- Support and manage a flexible approach to the deployment of resources within the Property Services Division to respond effectively to fluctuations in workload.
- Highlight key investment needs and considerations to the Property Planning and Assets Team so that works can be appropriately planned in major works programmes.
- Provide a high standard of technical support to the team. Manage the local delivery of the repairs term partnering contract to ensure compliance with contractual requirements. Work in collaboration and effectively with other teams within Housing services to deliver a seamless, holistic service to customers.
- Health and Safety – ensure that the Councils Policy for managing the health and safety of residents, staff and contractors is fully implemented and documented. Provide expert knowledge on health and safety law applicable to the construction industry.
- Provide strategic leadership within the Housing portfolio, contributing proactively to the collective leadership of the council, working collaboratively with Members, services, partners and stakeholders to deliver the council’s objectives and priorities.
- Ensure that all repairs in residents’ homes are carried out to a high standard and the service is delivered in accordance with the contract.
- Ensure that complaints are managed effectively and seek to resolve issues quickly. Ensure that defects which could give rise to claims of disrepair are resolved completely and fully documented.
- Ensure that claims are made and processed for the cost of all works which fall within the scope of the Council’s insurance policy. Ensure that all members of the team are aware of the terms of the policy.
Closing on: Feb 26, 2024
Job Category: Public Sector
Job Type: Interim
Job Location: London
Salary: £ Negotiable