- To work alongside the Registered Managers within Responsive Care Providers (RCP) and Joint Care Providers (JCP) to ensure appropriate assessment and admission/discharge into the in-house care homes.
- To provide cover for Registered Managers when required.
- To provide advice and support to Registered Managers.
- To deputise for the Service Manager including attending senior management meetings to ensure RCP is part of strategic decision making.
- To manage the Wellbeing and Activity Team across the care homes, including managing the staffing (in excess of £100k) and resource budget and line managing the Well-being and Activity Lead post holder.
- To provide a strategic overview of the issues and challenges that West Berkshire Council faces with regard to ensuring that in house service provision is filled, thus reducing cost of voids to the Council.
- To undertake assessments of potential service users with regards to their admission to West Berkshire Council care homes including liaison with families and the wider health and social care services.
- To represent West Berkshire Council at decision-making meetings.
- This is a front-facing role which requires fluency in the English Language.
- To provide strategic and operational links between RCP, Joint Care Providers (JCP) and acute hospitals.
- To support Adult Social Care and Commissioning functions to strengthen relationship with in-house provision
- To project manage and implement of new systems within the care homes including being identified as Project Manager and leading the tendering process of Nourish the care management system.
- To take ongoing responsibility for the care management system, including training staff, meeting with provider throughout the term of the contract and also producing reports which will inform senior management of levels of practice within each home.
- To lead on Incident Reporting for the three care homes using Crest and Nourish reports and ensuring that Root Cause Analysis is undertaken and improvement in standards of care and safety within the home is improved following serious events.
Closing on: May 25, 2022
Job Category: Public Sector
Job Type: Interim
Job Location: West Berkshire
Salary: £ Negotiable