The role supports the business in driving transformation as well as value for money in planning, commissioning and service.
The role is designed to build a combination of subject matter expertise and technical skills to develop a strong service delivery.
The job holder will carry out any other duties as may reasonably be required by their line manager.
- Lead system wide approaches in the delivery of project plans, allocating tasks as appropriate, identifying risks, issues and dependencies, considering best practice and current options and ultimately making decisions in the best interest of the project.
- To deliver on projects allocated i.e. mobilise, implement and monitor progress.
- Develop a comprehensive and cohesive plan for the Transformations which is consistent with the overall project timetable, meets the strategic direction of the system and minimises unnecessary disruption to stakeholders involved in the process and is operationally sound.
- Pro-actively manage stakeholders, respond to and resolve conflict between different stakeholders when this arises through facilitation or other appropriate mechanisms.
- Be responsible for a high standard of work supporting the delivery of projects on time, to quality standards and in a cost-effective manner.
- Maintain the project initiation document and associated plans with regular team meetings to monitor progress and resources.
- Ensure the flexibility of the project if required to meet conflicting/changing requirements.
- Responsible for the planning and organisation of numerous events/meetings.
- Ensuring communication tools are used to their maximum value for circulating the minutes, agenda and presentations in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate effective stakeholder management across different departments and at all levels.
- Support other project managers and commissioners as and when required.
- Take into account the impact of any change the projects will have on the business and oversee handover of any products to ensure full ownership and buy-in within the business Advocate the projects at senior and executive levels and ensure active engagement and sponsorship within NHS as a whole.
- Ensure that the projects maintain business focus, have clear authority and that the context, including risks, are actively managed in alignment with the strategic priorities of NHS.