- Contribute to the development, communication and achievement of tactical or operational plans in order to support the Head of Service/Service Manager to deliver the services and Council’s strategic objectives and ensure that the required service standards are met
- Ensure the ongoing delivery of high quality, value for money and consistent services which meet relevant statutory and reporting requirements and codes of practice and are in line with agreed service standards, identify achievements against plans and targets.
- Review and prioritise the use of available financial, physical and human resources to guarantee they are put to best use in delivering medium-term objectives. The role manages or monitors service budgets to ensure value for money is maximised.
- Manage established internal and external operational and working relationships, in order to identify opportunities for improved efficiencies and collaboration across projects and services and to ensure stakeholder satisfaction.
- Prepare operational reports and analysis in order to provide support to Elected Members other managers and departments on specific issues and procedures to support decision making and ensure compliant Council activity.
- Support the implementation of defined risk management, reviewing service and operational requirements and identifying improvements to respond to short to medium term risks ensuring legislative and statutory requirements are met.
- Implement and co-ordinate large, complex projects, managing multi-disciplinary teams, to ensure delivery of standards and enable continuous improvement in the managed area which comply with legislation and best practice.
- Responsible and accountable for ensuring equality both in the delivery of their service(s) and in the management of their staff.
- Ensure that training needs are identified and addressed, taking corrective action where necessary.
- Promote professional standards through active management possibly with reflective professional supervision. Ensure compliance with relevant professional codes of practice and core standards. Develop outcome-focused delivery teams that understand their contribution to the service and wider Council success.
- Monitor and review progress against plans and targets and be accountable for the achievement of agreed outcomes.
Expired on: Oct 10, 2023
Job Category: Public Sector
Job Type: Interim
Job Location: South West England
Salary: £ Negotiable
Sorry! This job has expired.